AGORA Pharmaceuticals s.r.o. was founded in 2015 as a biotech company focused on the development of novel drugs against neurodegenerative disease - like Alzheimer´s disease. Agora is originally the name for the ancient Greek marketplace, a center for communication, where big ideas were born.
AGORA Pharmaceuticals s.r.o. has recently licensed several compounds with unique mechanisms of action and specific position in the field of Alzheimer’s disease research and drug development. Following the legacy of its name, AGORA has focused on a wide range of solid, non-illusionary but existing, very realistic, sometimes neglected or unfinished assets or products to put them forward under the new leadership and innovative approaches.
These are complemented by de novo synthesized compounds addressing recently discovered disease processes. AGORA’s portfolio ranges across the whole spectrum of both symptomatic as well as disease-modifying approaches and goes even beyond current trends.
Search for the treatment or even ultimate cure for Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders is ongoing and there are many reasons for the recent failures. There may be wrong targets, inefficient compounds, lack of translation between animal models and human disease, wrong clinical trial design or challenging logistical, legal, patent and financial environment.
AGORA is an international company which cooperates with academia, recognized scientists as well as other necessary stakeholders in the field of neurodegenerative disorders and across the world of science, medicine, finances and regulatory authorities.
AGORA’s portfolio includes most advanced compounds with almost accomplished preclinical development and ready to enter Phase I of clinical development within a few months, what makes AGORA a clinical stage company.
FABA LTD. – British venture capital company with focus on the positive impact projects
Agora management team:
AGORA management team consists of internationally renowned medicinal chemists, drug development experts, pharmacologists and experienced clinicians:
Chief executive officer
Chief chemical officer
Chief clinical officer
Chief scientific officer
Chief pharmacological officer
- Combination therapy
- Combination therapy affects several pathological mechanisms simultaneously, which leads to the overall increase of the therapeutic effects.
- Combination of symptomatic drugs
- Combination of symptomatic drugs and drugs stopping one of the causes of the disease leads to symptomatic relief and blockage of disease progression.
- Investigation on new treatments targetting Alzheimer’s disease.
Our drugs are
- Cognition enhancing with a fast onset of activity
- Disease modifying - slowing the progression of AD
- Orally available with user friendly dosing scheme
- Cost efficient
- Cooperation with academic institutions worldwide
- International members of scientific advisory board
- Attendance at international conferences